As a dentist in Colorado Springs at Roger Humphreys, DDS, we refuse to compromise on the level of quality care we offer. Part of that commitment is the use of diagnostic technologies because they provide many advantages for you – our valued patient.
In this blog … I’ll talk about the technology that helps us better determine the state of your oral health while offering you a better experience in the dental chair. You may be surprised to learn how beneficial this equipment really is.
Digital x-rays allow your dentist in Colorado Springs to get a clear picture of the inside of your teeth and gums, so that diagnosis is more accurate and treatment specific to your unique situation. In addition, there’s…
- up to 90% less radiation than with traditional x-rays
- less time in the dental chair because they are faster and more efficient
- no exposure to film chemicals – safer for you, our team, and the environment
- faster insurance processing because claims are illustrated, and electronic communication is instantaneous.
Panoramic x-rays make it possible to get a full view of your entire mouth – with just one image. This includes both the upper and lower jaws, jaw joints, all your teeth, and even your nasal region. Other advantages of this technology at Roger Humphreys, DDS include …
- a very detailed image that can show us bone abnormalities, cysts, fractures, impacted teeth, infections, and tumors
- it aids in accurate fit and placement of restorations, especially implants and dentures
- because the images are taken outside of your mouth, it means a fast, painless experience for you.
The intraoral camera is a small pen-sized camera that is linked to a chairside monitor to display what we see when we examine your teeth, gums, and mouth. Because it displays images on a screen, it helps you understand what we mean when we’re discussing our findings with you during your dental cleaning, exam, or consultation.
We are committed to making your experience as relaxing and comfortable as possible. Technology is a big part of that – and we make good use of it.